Your Face. Cosmetics. Makeup. War Paint.
I’m sure I’m not the only one who’s heart skips a beat at the mention of the stuff.
There’s just nothing like sitting down in front of a big bright mirror and getting all dolled up.
I don’t know about you but I always feel like I can take on the world!
Who doesn’t want to feel like a babe when they start the day?
Fortunately, I had the chance to chat with one of the Babes from BABE Beauty Bar in Nashville!
Jillian Parham has been a friend of mine for some time and basically, she’s the Queen of Cosmetics! Thank you Jill for swinging by and visiting with me and my followers!
1. How long have you been a cosmetic artist.
About 7 years. I began freelancing when I was 19 and worked my way through college with that and a part time job.
2. What is in your makeup bag?
My make-up bag is a hodgepodge of Face Stockholm, Nars, Girlactik, Bobbi Brown, Mac, Laura Mercier and Urban Decay. You never know what you’re gonna get.
4. Which elements do you consider essential?
My essentials are my “Neutralizer Blue” by Face Stockholm, “Express” lipstick, and Nars blush in “Orgasm.”
5. What advice can you give to girls like me who prefer a more natural look?
BLENDING is key!
6. What makeup trends make you cringe?
Dark eyeshadow up to the brow bone makes me want to vom. Leave room for a highlight
7. If you could only use one brand of cosmetics for the rest of your life, which would you pick?
That’s a really tough question, but I guess I would have to say Nars. Their eyeshadows are incredible.
8. What are your least favorite brands and why?
My least favorite brand is “Wet n Wild,” but in all fairness, I have not tried their products since they restructured them.
9. Any tips to avoid the Raccoon Eyes or the Corner Eye Shmutz.
I would say buy a setting spray ( like “model in a bottle”) if your skin gets oily throughout the day. It sets your makeup for hours of long-lasting wear.
10. How is BABE Beauty Bar life like? Any exciting clients?
All of my clients lead very unique lives and I have many exciting stories, but I might need to save them if Babe Beauty Bar really does get picked for TLC’s new reality TV show.
11. How is business in your Art Studio? Are you working on anything exciting?
I am always working on things in my studio. I just finished a teddy bear drawing as a donation to raise money for the “Save the Smokies” charity event.
Well, I still SUCK at make up. Personally, I can draw the Eiffel Tower, but I can’t put on eyeliner. Thank GOD for amazing talents like Jill who keep us looking and feeling beautiful everyday! Maybe someday you can do my wedding makeup for me! (PS… Congrats on the Engagement Babe! I hear Ben’s a keeper!) Thanks for swinging by! Cheers!