It’s been a dozy of a past few weeks! We had some miracles, tragedies, birthdays, adventures, and we’re creeping up on Christmas and 2015! I hope everyone is finding loved ones to be around as we say goodbye to this busy year! For me, the first week of January means Taken By The Lapels turns 1 year old! I’m quite excited, and I hope you’ll be apart of the adventures the next year! For now, I’m taking the Holiday Favorites Challenge from Lifebeinggirly.com
- My holiday favorites start with setting the overall mood, and that includes watching holiday movies! It’s not the holidays without these – for me at least!
- Elf “Bye Buddy, Hope you Find your Dad!”
- Unaccompanied Minors “Oh My Gosh, It’s a Girl Fight”
- Christmas Vacation “Can’t evensee the line, can you Russ?”
- Mickey’s Once and Twice upon a Christmas. “Where are my boys! Where are my kisses?!”
2. Ever since we were tiny, our stockings had only 4 things. It may seem silly, but it’s my absolute favorite tradition. If I had no tree, no ham, no presents, and no carols – I would be satisfied with a stocking filled with love and exactly the perfect surprises.
Something to Eat. Something to Read. Something to Play With. & Something you Need.
Favorite stocking stuffers have got to be my first bite of Taffifay, that magazine subscription to Equine Magazine from when I was obsessed with cowgirls, our first Nintendo 64 game – Pokémon Stadium of course. and a new pair of Fuzzy socks!
3. Another favorite is gift hunting. I pride myself on my gift skills. I keep ears in gift mode all year so I know exactly what you’ll forget you needed! Oh, and I learned some new crafting skills, so expect some homemaders!
4. Spreading the Cheer! I’m a December baby and I’m notorious for visiting other cities on my birthday, December 19th. So, I get to see other cities dressed to the holiday 9’s. All covered in Christmas lights – decked with wreaths and bows!
5. Now that we’re older, It’s not so much about the receiving of gifts. However – I usually save the most important needs for the holidays! It’s such a relief getting those essentials! This year, Santa is bringing me a new backpack for the first time in 3 years! And maybe rainboots! My feet and shoulders have taken a beating this year. I’m pumped!
6. Christmas Music!!! Someone needs to confiscate my Pentatonix Holiday CD before I play it to death! Rumpapumpum!
7. The end of the year! If you’re anything like me, 2014 left me with some head scratchers. I know everything happens for a reason – hopefully the new year will bring us answers, challenges, and opportunities!
So there you have it! My holiday favorites. I hope you enjoyed reading mine and I hope that you can do a post on yours! I would love to read all about them! What are your holiday favorites, I’d love to know! Happy holidays, and be safe !